"Au réveil, si douce la lumière, et si beau ce bleu vivant"
(Paul Valéry)

jeudi 9 octobre 2008

Jacques Brel

Il y a 30 ans.
J'étais dans la cour de mon lycée.
Une amie arrive, en larmes.
"Jacques Brel est mort", me dit-elle.
Et je pleure avec elle....
~~~~~~~~~~~
30 years ago.
I'm in my secundary school yard.
A friend of mine is coming, she's crying.
"Jacques Brel is dead", she says.
And I begin to cry with her...



La valse à mille temps,Le plat pays, les Flamandes,Quand on n'a que l'amour,Amsterdam,Au printemps, les bourgeois, les bonbons, les Marquises,Jeff, Madeleine, Ne me quitte pas....

3 commentaires:

PERBS a dit…

I am sorry for your loss. I don't know who he was.

Malyss a dit…

He was a VERY great singer in the 60 ies and 70ies;A very strong voice, wonderful songs that made you cry, when he was singing he was LIVING his songs.
I cried twice in my life for a singer's death: for Brel and when John Lennon was murdered.

PERBS a dit…

I understand your pain then.

By the way, pumpkins are not just decorations for for Halloween but for Thanksgiving too -- especially for pumpkin pie! Then again, maybe you don't have a Thanksgiving there. I know Canada has Thanksgiving on a different day than we do in US.