"Au réveil, si douce la lumière, et si beau ce bleu vivant"
(Paul Valéry)

lundi 9 mars 2009

Bouts du monde / Ends of the world

Hier, j'ai trouvé cette petite chapelle tout au bout de la Pointe Saint-Hospice.
~~
Yesterday, I found this little chapel at the end of Holy-Hospice Cape.



Elle est au bout de la route, on ne peut pas aller plus loin.
~~
It's at the end of the road, it's impossible to go farther.



Sur la droite du portail, il y avait un panneau qui présentait le texte suivant:..
~~
On the right of the iron gate, there was a notice:...



" The hazard of a stroll lead you to this chapel at the end of the world.
Behind the apse, it's the wide sea;
Behind the porch, the harbour is offering a shelter.
You are between Sea and Earth,
where the long journey of the eastern and western waves is ending.
Here, so much sailors came just before sailing away.
Here, so much women climbed the hill to find the strenght to hope for their return.
You are between Sea and Earth.
Take a rest,
Keep silent.
And may come from your heart
the millenial prayer and your adoration to the God who created
Earth and Sea."

----------------
Effectivement, comme le rappelait le nom d'une maison un peu plus loin,j'étais "au bout de la route"..
~~
Yes, as the name of a house reminded it to me, I was at" the end of the road"..


"Entre la Mer et la Terre"..Là où les montagnes, dans un dernier élan,viennent se jeter dans la Méditerranée et noyer leur âme grise dans le bleu des vagues..
~~
"Between the Sea and the Earth.."There where the mountains , in their last surge, come and dive into the Mediterranean Sea, and drown their grey soul into the blue of the waves...


Tout était calme, j'ai écouté le silence, et soudain, j'étais seule au bout du monde...avec le souffle d'un vent qui m'a paru aussi léger qu'une prière..
~~
Everything was peaceful, I listened to the silent, and suddenly, I was alone at the end of the world...with the breath of a wind which seemed to me being as light as a prayer..


8 commentaires:

Kenza a dit…

Comme tu le sais déjà, j'ai vécu quelques années en Bretagne, ton post d'aujourd'hui me rapelle que pendant toute cette période j'avais quelques difficultés à m'imagier que j'habitais "là ou finissent les terres", le Finistère...
Très belles balades et à demain

nobu a dit…

"between sea and earth" is impressive.

abc a dit…

You must have had a very nice Sunday. Such a lovely place and atmosphere. Beautiful words too.

dot a dit…

How very beautiful!! You find the nicest things.

Pierre a dit…

Je lis ces jolies paroles en débutant ma journée. je me sens déjà plus léger...
Pierre

PERBS a dit…

Thanks for another tour of your lovely country! I so enjoyed seeing and reading about this special place. I did wonder about the wooden pier and also why you only got part of that bench in the photo!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it is on your bench blog this week?)

I have also posted. Thanks for your sweet note on the loss of my brother. I am going to try to catch up reading blogs and I ahve psoted to my main blog and the bench one too.

PERBS a dit…

I for got to say I left other comments on your blogs from where I missed this past week. I believe that included the door one.

Anonyme a dit…

j'aime cette impression d'être " au bout du monde", plutôt face à la mer...Comme sur la dernière photo :)))
car je sais qu'un autre monde attend sous l'eau :))
Biz